Apple Announced New MacBook Air, Pro, and iOS 16
Yesterday, Apple announced the launch of the M2, a new generation Apple Silicon chip.
The company also announced iOS 16, its latest software for iPhone.
During the WWDC event, a new Macbook Air and MacBook Pro were also unveiled.
Apple CEO Tim Cook kicked off his Apple Worldwide Developers Conference on Monday, announcing the launch of the company’s software for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch. The company also announced the launch of two new laptops running on its new generation Silicon chip, M2.
The M2 Chip
The M2 chip is Apple’s successor to the M1 chip which is used in Macs and iPads. The M2 will debut in a new MacBook Air and 13-inch MacBook Pro.
Cook disclosed that the new chip focuses on power efficiency, speed maximization, and reducing the amount of power required to run faster. The company also revealed that M2 will include 25% more transistors and 50% more bandwidth than its predecessor.
Apple also announced the launch of a new MacBook Air that runs on the M2 processor. The MacBook Air comes in four colors: space gray, starlight, silver, and midnight, with each one costing $1,199. The device is equipped with Apple’s Magsafe and has two Thunderbolt ports.
Apple says it takes up 25% less volume than the last MacBook Air. It weighs 2.7 pounds and will have a 13.6″ display with thinner borders than its predecessor. However, Apple didn’t provide an exact launch date for the device. The company only revealed that it will launch next month.
Apple also announced new software for its iPhones.
Here are some new updates in the software:
- It features a more customizable lock screen that allows users to adjust the time and date font and color.
- Notifications on the lock screen will move to the bottom of the screen so they don’t cover up the background photo when the phone is locked.
- The focus feature will be expanded to the lock screen to allow users to choose how to filter notifications.
- On iMessage, Apple added options to edit & unsend messages, and mark threads as unread.
- The software update will make it easier to switch between typing and dictation
- There will be a new buy now, pay later option.