President of the United State of America, Donald Trump has barred citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria from participating in the 2022 US Visa Lottery
Top Stories For You
- Disbanded SARS Allegedly Raided Homes In Lagos, Arrest Many At Night (VIDEO)
- ‘Fool!’ Angry Wizkid Calls Out Reekado Banks On Twitter
- FCT Committee Bans #ENDSARS Protest in Abuja For Violating COVID-19 Guideline
- MC Oluomo Allegedly Sends Thugs To Disrupt #ENDSARS Protest in Lagos
- “Anonymous” Hacking Group Gives Nigerian Govt 72 Hours To #ENDSARS (VIDEO)
This new regulation was contained in a document titled ‘Instructions for the 2022 diversity immigrant visa program (dv-2022)’ obtained from the US’ website on Friday, 16 of October 2020.
The document reads in part: “In Africa, natives of Nigeria are not eligible for this year’s Diversity Visa program,”
According to the statistics in the document, over 50,000 Nigerians had immigrated to the United State in the previous 5 years, thus all citizen from the country is hence barred from participating in the US visa lottery.
“For DV-2022, persons born in the following countries are not eligible to apply, because more than 50,000 natives of these countries immigrated to the United States in the previous five years: Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (including Hong Kong SAR), Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea, United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and Vietnam. Persons born in Macau SAR and Taiwan are eligible.”
However, citizens of other African nations are eligible to apply the US visa lottery.